Direct to Garment Printing
Digital Printing printing utilizes the latest technology to provide a solution to printing smaller orders (less than 24 pieces) with an almost unlimited number of colors in the design. For many customers, this is a great way to get full color prints on just a few shirts. Screenprinting an order that size with a large number of colors had previously been cost-prohibitive before the advent of Digital Printing. Also referred to as Direct-To Garment printing, the process works much like an traditional inkjet computer printer, but for apparel!
- Direct to Garment inks are Water Based. The process is eco-friendly. It allows for the print to be ultra soft on the garment - as it binds into the fabric rather than on top, like standard screen printing.
- Yields high quality, durable images.
- Pricing: Each shirt is a fixed cost. There are no additional setup charges. There are quantity price breaks that will decrease the price per shirt when ordering multiples of the same design.
- Used for: Photos, Graphic Effects, and highly detailed images on small runs of shirts.
- Limitations: We are unable to print on dark garments. Our printer capabilities allows us only to print on lighter color garments due to the translucency of the water based inks.
- Printing is best on white garments, as colors will be most vibrant. All color laws apply when printing on lighter colored garments. See below the effects on a photo-realistic image between a white and colored tee:
Below are some additional examples of how to print on colored tees.
what can we print on?
High quality Direct to Garment printing is best achieved on 100% cotton fabrics. Though printing on 100% cotton will yield best graphic results, we can print on most blends where cotton is at the very least 50%.
We can print on most flat goods, including:
- Tank Tops
- Youth, Toddler, and Infant apparel
- Canvas Tote Bags
- Cotton Napkins, Tea Towels, and Bandanas
- Cotton Fabric
IVSP can supply your necessary garments. We have an array of sizes and styles on hands of white blanks that allow us a quick turnaround. You are more than welcome to bring in your own garments as long as they match the above fabric requirements. If you are confused or have questions regarding fabrics, please contact us.
What are the maximum print dimensions?
Our maximum print is 12" W x 15" L for larger prints. 8" W x 11" L is our maximum dimensions for our Youth/Smaller prints.
What kind of artwork is needed for a high quality print?
IVSP requires the artwork to be scaled to the desired size of printing at a minimum quality of 300 DPI (dots per inch). Scalabe vector files (.ai, .eps, .svg) are preferred if designing in vector form. If you have any questions regarding your artwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the files so they can assess it for you!
How long does it take for for an order?
Standard turnaround is 1-5 days, depending on quantity, date needed, and availability of the garments. We have white standard tees and tanks available on hand for immediate turnaround; however, if we have to special order specific styles of garments, it could take up to 5 days for turnaround.